http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Seven

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Monday, July 31, 2006

Seven

There was a time when B thought he'd never be in a relationship ever again. There was a time I thought I could never be in a good one. Then our paths crossed and fate proved us both wrong.

Today is our seventh wedding anniversary. Maybe it's a sign of success but there are times when it feels as though we got married only yesterday and other times it feels as if we've always been married. Perhaps when you've done it right time blurs and the bond seems ancient while the memories stay fresh.

We did our celebrating yesterday. Friends joined us at our favorite restaurant to celebrate and reminisce over our wedding day. Memories were discussed and we all agreed that it was as close to a perfect day as we could have hoped for - right down to there being one liter of beer left in the keg as the last guest left.

So if you'll indulge me for a moment I'd just like to take this opportunity to tell the world that I have the most wonderful husband that I could ever want and I have a marriage that's happier than I ever thought possible. Every happily married couple says their husband or wife is the best in the world and I'm no different. I have the best husband in the world for me and I'm grateful to him for his love, devotion, patience, kindness, humor and the bond we have between us that grows ever stronger with every passing year. I am blessed.

Thank you for everything you are to me, sweetheart. I love you without end.

19Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations, Dixie & B, on 7 wonderful years! Here's to many many many more. :)

Y'all give me hope that someday I'll find someone myself. :)

10:15 PM  
Blogger melusina said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!

PS. Thanks for making me cry! I just can't resist nice love stories.

10:51 PM  
Blogger Miz said...

Congratz! Many happy years to come!

11:21 PM  
Blogger sari said...

Congratulations to you both!!! It sounds like you had a wonderful day yesterday!

1:36 AM  
Blogger ~ T (grits) ~ said...

awwwww that is the nicest thing I have read today - thanks for sharing your love!

2:15 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

Happy Anniversary to you and B! May you have many, many more wonderful years.

2:23 AM  
Blogger Marshamlow said...

Congrats! I love a good love story and yours is the best. And many happy returns.

6:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's amazing to think that sometimes one has to go through a lot of years where you feel that love is lost to you. You struggle and get frustrated. Suddenly all of that negative stuff becomes totally worth it when you find that person that makes you as happy as you are now.

happy anniversary Kim and B

<3

8:20 AM  
Blogger Mimey said...

Congratulations. You are lucky, and you appreciate it, so we don't have to be jealous of your happiness ;-)

11:07 AM  
Blogger hexe said...

Dixie - I have enjoyed reading your blog for some time and thought today would be a good day to come out of the shadows and wish you and B a Happy Anniversary! And many more:)

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not celebrating- you stole my man! It was my day of mourning.

Oh, ok. Yeah, you guys are good together and a blast. Love you two to pieces! Gives single chicks like me hope!

Smooches!
Mollie

7:39 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Thank you all for the sweet good wishes on our special day. Y'all made it even more special for us.

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, priceless. :) Happy Anniversary Dixie and B - may there be many, many more.

11:05 PM  
Blogger sari said...

Poor Mollie! :-)

Are you guys having too much anniversary fun? I'm jonesing for my fix of dixie charm! come on!!

3:01 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Happy Anniversary, you two! I know it's two days late -- sorry about that.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Happened upon your blog today... seems like a good day! Happy anniversary! May you have many more happy years!

Carol

6:44 PM  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

You couldn't have said it any better than that, Dixie! Congratulations to the 2 of you. You'll just keep getting better and better!

8:05 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

I'm a couple of days late...but Happy Anniversary to one of the most loved up and compatible couples I know of

Hugs

Sal xxx

11:00 PM  
Blogger Maven said...

Happy belated anniversary wishes! Many happy returns of the day!

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home