http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Making the World Smaller One Blog Post as a Time

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Making the World Smaller One Blog Post as a Time

Remember back a few months ago when I posted about my favorite pieces from my miniatures collection? I posted this picture of my very favorite piece:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


And who sent me an email today? The dude that made it! Somehow he found the photo on my blog - pretty good since I didn't write his name in the blog entry - and he wrote me to thank me for the kind things I said about his artwork. To me that's like getting a letter from a celebrity.

I truly do love that tooth fairy box. It's one of those "The apartment's on fire! Save the tooth fairy box!" sort of things.

Go take a look at Mr. Riccio's other pieces. They are truly incredible. Fanciful and intricate and interesting. The sort of things that absolutely capture my imagination. And I am now completely in love with his dragon box as well his new Man in the Moon tooth fairy box.

I won't even start with how I'm jonesing for the Nativity collection. You know how I dig Christmas stuff.

Labels: , ,

3Comments:

Blogger sari said...

Wow! That's pretty exciting! And I love all the things on his webpage (especially that cute dog of his! ha ha)

I love the dragons and the micro mermaids and the fish bell is pretty amazing. It's hard to believe how tiny and delicate all of the items are, they really are very cool.

12:54 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I loved those bells.

1:17 AM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Oh my! I loved the miniature nativity!

Did you know my mother collected miniature nativities for years? She specialized her collection to international pieces - she had them from all over the world - not fancy ones, but rather traditional indigenous styles. When we moved her to the ALF she had over 200! I kept some and sold some and gave some away to friends and local churches...

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home