http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Above Ground

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Monday, July 23, 2007

Above Ground

My self-imposed blackout of all means of passive communication - TV news, newspapers, email, Internet, etc. - has been lifted. I finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows last night around 4am so I'm back in the real world. I'm not much into giving book reviews and I'm sure there are some who haven't finished the book yet so all I'll say is that I liked it better than I thought I would and I'm glad I had plenty of tissues on hand. It's very seldom that books can make me cry - I am much more likely to cry in a movie - but this had me in near constant tears through the last third of the book. I'm glad I spent the weekend immersed in that world because I'm really going to miss new installments of this story.

And now it's back to knitting because I am now seriously behind.

Labels:

7Comments:

Blogger Marshamlow said...

you beat me. I am around page 500. I tried to keep up with my daughter but she is too fast for me.

11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While I'm not into the Potter books, I not only cry but actually sob out loud when reading a sad book. Pretty pathetic, hey.

1:17 AM  
Blogger sari said...

I cried for the last few hundred pages as well.

I am reading it again, more leisurely this time, because I think I flew through the last half I was so excited to find out what happened.

2:23 AM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Well, I'm nowhere near done, but hell, I started crying in the first few chapters!

Of course, I'm a big mushy cry-baby!

4:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cried all through it. Four times, I counted. Maybe a bit more, but four times when I couldn't bite it back and think of something unrelated to save my dignity.

5:52 PM  
Blogger hexe said...

My husband has our copy and then once he is done it's mine! Since I tend to devour books I agreed to read it second so I could draw out the last story. Sounds like I'd better add tissues to the shopping list . . .

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SPOILER: That part when he was marching to meet Voldemort, ready to meet death with his parents beside him.... *choke*... What a great book. JK Rowling said it was her favorite of the series. I think it's mine too :*-)

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home