http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Pink and Bald

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Pink and Bald

Part of what I love about blogging and the online world in general is the opportunity to get to know folks you otherwise would never know existed. Marsha is one of those friends. She's a longtime reader of mine who used to live in Japan and now she's a new transplant to my home state of Mississippi - unfortunately it's the opposite side of the state from my hometown. I've loved getting to know her better over the time we've been reading each other's blogs and so it was a real treat to find that she had nominated me for a Thoughtful Blogger Award. Believe me, she's the real thoughtful one.

Want to know how the whole Thoughtful Blogger Award thing works? Read about it here to find out the rules for nominations and for the other awards you can give to others who are touching people from around the world with their blogs.

I should be nominating five other people for awards but today I just want to present two.

Remember Boob-Ha-Ha? The online auction to raise funds for the Breast Cancer 3-Day with all proceeds going to support the Susan G. Komen Foundation? It was a rousing success!

It was promised that if Boob-Ha-Ha raised $1000 the Poppy would dye her hair bright pink. And if Wendy, the one participating in the Breast Cancer 3-Day, raised a total of $5000 she'd shave her head. Now that's a commitment to a cause. That's putting yourself out there.

Well what do you know. Boob-Ha-Ha raised well over $2000 and Wendy has reached her goal of $5000. Someone's gonna go pink and someone's gonna go smooth. I couldn't be prouder of them.

And because I think both Poppy and Wendy are so terrific for all their efforts to raise funds so that a cure for breast cancer can be found I'm nominating them for a Charity Blogger Award. I want everyone who reads their blogs to know of their hard work and their generous hearts.

Labels:

2Comments:

Blogger Marshamlow said...

Thanks Dixie that was very sweet, and thoughtful.

10:49 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Hello...

I've tagged you for a meme - so please go to my Blog at www.themindwobbles.blogspot.com and see what you have to do.

TTFN :)

2:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home