http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - Bossy? Never! Just Insistant! Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, July 20, 2007

Friday Shuffle - Bossy? Never! Just Insistant! Edition

Who am I speaking of? Hilda, of course. And she's really isn't bossy but she's a woman with definite ideas and when she wants something done, she'll do it. And if she wants you to do something, you'll do it. It's part of what I adore about her. Focused and determined. That's Hilda. And me? I'm more or less flaky and sleepy.

Hilda's tagged me with a meme that's actually my style of meme because it combines talking about me with history. I love me. I love history. Let's go.

Here's how it goes. Look up your birth date on Wikipedia. Find three events, two births and a holiday that falls on your birthday and tell us what they are.

My birth date is January 19th. Let's see what we find.

Events:

~ 1829 - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe's Faust Part 1 premieres (and likely is still going on).

~ 1953 - 68% of all United States television sets were tuned in to I Love Lucy to watch Lucy give birth.

~ 1977 - (This one's for Hilda) Snow falls in Miami, Florida. This is the only time in the history of the city that snowfall has occurred. It also fell in the Bahamas. (Please tell me you remember this, Hilda!)

Births:

These are harder to pick from. This was evidently a good day to be born if you're cool or interesting. Or Desi Arnaz, Jr. (See events above). I'll pick some people I really like - I can't just stop at two.

~ 1807 - Robert E. Lee, American Confederate general.

~ 1809 - Edgar Allan Poe, American writer and poet.

~ 1939 - Phil Everly, American musician (I loves me some Everly Brothers)

~ 1946 - Dolly Parton, American singer and actress (I loves me some Dolly too. I absolutely dig that we share a birthday.).

Holiday

~ Confederate Heroes Day in Texas. That's it. Just one holiday. Must be because so many cool and interesting people are celebrating their birthday there's no need for an extra holiday.

Now I'm not exactly sure why I'm doing this part except because I've been instructed to and since I'm a color-within-the-lines sort of gal, I'll do it. Copy this list of blog links, delete the link at the top and then add your own at the bottom. Okay. I'll comply. I don't want Earth spinning out of orbit or something because I didn't follow the directions.

~ Mimi Writes
~ Late Bloomer Boomer
~ Second Effort
~ The Mind Wobbles
~ Dixie Peach

Holy cow! More requirements! Now it's time for me to tag five folks for this link filled and quasi-educational meme. I don't normally tag but if I've conformed this much so far I may as well see it through. And if I didn't tag you and you want to do this meme, pretend I did. One of us may as well be a maverick.

~ Kitty - C'mon. Put aside Harry Potter anticipation long enough to do this meme.
~ Marsha - You too. See if you can break your link record.
~ Lisa - Now surely interesting things happened on the day you were born other than you being born, right?
~ Katy - You like history don't you? This meme's for you then!
~ Mahala - It'll help ease you through your No-New-Craig hump.

Looking up? Done. Copying and pasting? Done. Linking? Done. Tagging? Done. I need to put my feet up and have a cocktail after all this. Or shuffle. Bixente the iPod, let's hit it!
  1. You Only Live Once - The Strokes
  2. Give It Away - Red Hot Chili Peppers
  3. Come Rain Or Come Shine - Judy Garland
  4. Looking For A Kiss - New York Dolls
  5. Young Americans - David Bowie
  6. Country Sunshine - Dottie West
  7. Badlands - Bruce Springsteen
  8. Give Peace A Chance - John Lennon
  9. Evangeline - Los Lobos
That's it for me until next week. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will be delivered tomorrow and I'm going underground until I'm finished with reading it. B's going to try to distract me - you know have me take him outside and have fun and all that - but else I'll be spending every spare minute reading.

Y'all be good until I return!

Labels: ,

3Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

I like your meme. Also the shuffle. I cannot wait until HP gets here tomorrow.

7:57 PM  
Blogger The Curmudgeon said...

Interesting responses.

12:01 AM  
Blogger Hilda said...

What are you kidding? Of course I remember whe it snowed! It was awesome. I was in 8th grade.

The "snow" was actually like I guess frost on everything. A dusting on the windshields, the grass looked like a truck loaded with talcum powder blew up. It was very pretty. And COLD!

By thwe way - Judy Garlan singing "Come rain or Come Shine" - how fabulous is that?

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home