http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - X Marks the Dot Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, July 27, 2007

Friday Shuffle - X Marks the Dot Edition

Y'all have had a slight reprieve from bulleted lists from me but all good things come to an end.

X - I like to take a walk around the block just as the sun is sinking below the horizon. Just to get a bit of fresh air before closing things up for the day. I like to see folks walking home from their dinners out or venturing out to a pub and sometimes after my walk I'll sit on one of the benches that line the street to enjoy the fresh air and maybe listen to some music coming from a restaurant or bar.

As I sat near the country bar around the corner from my apartment and could hear someone playing guitar and singing live in the upstairs bar area. He was initially singing some ballad and as I sat down and then he switched to singing Hey Ya from Outkast. It cracked me up when the audience was singing along with the "Heeyyy yaaaaaa!" part. I snickered when the guys in the audience sang out "Ice cold!!". I had to get up and leave when they audience was chiming in with the "Shake it, shake it, shake it like a Polaroid picture!" because by then I was hollering out loud laughing. That was the best part of my whole day.

X - Holy socks, I need a pedicure. My feet look like I've been stopping my car with them. Need some lumber sanded? The bottoms of my feet could do it for you.

X - A parcel delivery service truck was parked in the loading zone next to my parking space in front of my apartment. I was unloading groceries from my car when the delivery man came from the building entrance next to mine wheeling a dolly with a lone box still on it. I had ordered more Hellmann's last week and was expecting it to be delivered any day now so I excitedly squealed "Oh is that mine? Is that package for [insert my last name here]?" He replied that it was.

"Oh good! I really need that box. I'm completely out of mayonnaise."

"I'm glad I was still here then. But you do know they sell mayonnaise at the place you've just been, don't you?"

I just sheepishly nodded. I could never make him understand my love of Hellmann's.

X - Can someone come up with an excuse for me to get out of going to a barbecue party at the home of some friends - people I seldom see and am not all that crazy about? I have to go to this shindig every year and always get pressured to try the flavorless potato salad. If they only would use some Hellmann's...

Time for some more organized randomness. Bixente the iPod, shuffle for us, please!
  1. American Idiot - Green Day
  2. Going To A Go-Go - Smokey Robinson
  3. Roll With The Changes - REO Speedwagon
  4. Blank Generation - Richard Hell
  5. Brick - Ben Folds
  6. See No Evil - Television
  7. Go All The Way - The Raspberries
  8. Take Me Home Tonight - Eddie Money
  9. Across The Sea - Weezer
  10. River Deep, Mountain High - Ike & Tina Turner
A little early New York punk scene mixed in with some mid-western working class rock. And Ike Turner. Now that would make an awesome cage match.

Labels: , ,

9Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

Potato salad definitely needs tons, probably too much, mayonnaise. Are Best Foods and Hellmann's related? I am a Best Foods junkie. I like a little bite of artichoke with a spoonful of Best Foods. I don't believe there is any other way to eat an artichoke.

2:00 AM  
Blogger Princess Cat's Pajamas said...

Silly delivery man! Do not underestimate the power of Hellmann's mayonnaise.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Outkast at the country bar! I love it.

10:33 PM  
Blogger christina said...

Let me know if you find a cure for sandpaper feet, 'cause I've got 'em big time!

Hmmm, how to get out of going to the BBQ? I'd feign illness. Sudden migraine or stomach flu, maybe? Or else you bring a bottle of Hellman's and a spoon and doctor up the salad while no one's looking.

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know what happened to my feet. One day they were just fine, the next they look like something is about to be born out of the bottom of my heel. It's gnarly, man. Ick-blech-urgh. If Hellmann's wasn't so precious I would suggest gifting them a small jar, but then I don't know if I'd want to be the catalyst that made someone else's potato salad delicious, especially if I weren't so crazy about them. Is that evil? >;)

10:18 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

I did get out of the barbecue after all. I had all intentions of going - I'd even bought the hostess a lovely white orchid plant - but by 2pm my stomach really was kicking up a fuss and leaving me visiting the room down the hall a bit too often. By the time my MIL and her gentleman friend arrived for me to drive us to the party I could have probably gone but I didn't want to have wonky tummy kicking into gear at a party so I drove them over and went home. But I sent the orchid in with them to give to the hostess. I'm not completely without manners.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Twango said...

The country bar and everyone singing Hey Ya, too funny. I would have been rolling too.

So glad you got your Hellmann's. Potato salad just isn't potato salad without some. Maybe when next year's party rolls around you could tell them you are just dyin to have them try some Southern style potato salad

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a few more weeks and you got yourself a pedicure, honeybuns.

12:58 AM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Katya writes:
"Outkast at the country bar! I love it."

Actually it's Outkast at a country bar IN GERMANY that I love! Isn't it wonderful when random stuff like that just makes you howl with laughter?

As for the shuffle - given the crap going down in the US these days, I think "American Idiot" should be our temporary, emergency national anthem.

3:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home