http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Thursday Haiku

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Thursday Haiku

Sorry to let you down but there will be no photo spread of me washing my windows. You'll have to put up with a bit of haiku instead - a bulleted list with culture.

Oh hush! If you whine about the poetry I really will make you look at window washing pictures.

Caught in a rainstorm
Umbrella was left at home
Got drenched to the skin.

It was a shame too
I had a perfect hair day
My curls were destroyed.

Bought new shower gel
It smells fresh like cucumbers
Soap and snack in one.

Pizza for supper
Good, but it leaves you thirsty
Could drink an ocean.

Oh online shopping
How did I live before you?
Mall comes to my door.

Books! CDs! Clothes! Shoes!
Gadgets and gizmos galore!
And no shopping bags!

Confess it to me
Do you count the syllables
To be sure I'm right?


No window washing nor photos to memorialize it nor even poetry for tomorrow we shuffle!

Labels:

4Comments:

Blogger UmmFarouq said...

Actually, I was in the process of counting the syllables, when I reached the stanza asking me if I was indeed counting the syllables. Being a 7th grade Lit teacher will never escape me. I confess wholeheartedly.

Hey, have you had any bienenstich (sp?)lately? That's my all time favorite German dessert.

4:57 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Ooo I love Beinenstich! My MIL makes a really light, tasty Bienenstich...I just put some fresh baked from her in my freezer yesterday. And I really loved the cream filled Bienenstich the bakery up the street from me makes.

When my sister and BIL come visit me my BIL could eat his weight in my MIL's Bienenstich.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Marshamlow said...

I admit I used to count the syllables but you didn't catch me today. I am also addicted to mail order stuff. Even being back in America sometimes it is easier to buy it online than to try and find just what you are looking for out there in the world.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Princess Cat's Pajamas said...

You caught me counting syllables, too!

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home